webOShelp.net

Get the latest on:webOS Developers' RSS FeedwebOS Facebook page webOS Twitter Feed

Home Forums
The webOShelp.net WebOS / Mojo Developers' Forum
August 21, 2014, 09:57:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login (using the form in the left column) or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: O'Reilly News Reader Challenge  (Read 7032 times)
CESantos
webOS Newb

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2010, 01:12:06 PM »

I'm trying to work my way through the News Reader example in O'Reilly's Palm webOS.  I'd rather go to a dentist!

I'm currently in Chapter 3 and am having problems with putting changes into News.css.  This is the code snippet:
.feedlist-newitem  {
   line-height: 20px;
   height: 26px;
   -webkit-border-image: url(../images/feedlist-newitem.png) 4 10 4 10 stretch stretch;
   -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
   border-width: 4px 10px 4px 10px;
}

I don't understand the "-webkit..." lines.  O'Reilly makes no specific mention of that.  I only assume that that pulls formatting from the webkit.

My problem is (I'M using Eclipse) that Eclipse generates the following error: "Property -webkit... doesn't exist".

Is there some file I should be including?

Any help here?

Thanks, Charlie
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:09:46 PM by CESantos » Logged
CESantos
webOS Newb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 12:23:06 PM »

I guess there's not much activity in this forum from knowledgeable developers.  I don't see a response to anything in this topic since last October.

For what its worth, I did get a response in the developer.palm forum.  Apparently Eclipse knows nothing about webkit so it flags it as errors.  They can be ignored.
potter_tang
webOS Newb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 02:43:31 AM »

I guess there's not much activity in this forum from knowledgeable developers.  I don't see a response to anything in this topic since last October.

For what its worth, I did get a response in the developer.palm forum.  Apparently Eclipse knows nothing about webkit so it flags it as errors.  They can be ignored.
Thank you for telling us the answer after you have got it from developer.palm forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: