To erase all the data from your device or restore it to factory settings, you have several options:
Option 1: Simple hard reset
This can be performed on the Palm Pre by going into Device Info --> Phone Reset Options and tapping the "Full Erase" option. You may want to do this if, for example, you are giving your phone to someone else. Step-by-step:
- Open Device Info
- Tap Phone Reset Options
- Tap Full Erase twice (NOTE: You must still manually delete installed apps, as they reappear after a full erase)
- If desired, sign back into your Palm profile on the phone to restore your Palm profile data.
Option 2: Remote hard reset
This can be performed from your Palm profile online and clicking the option to "wipe device". You may need to do this if, for instance, you forgot your password to unlock the screen. Step-by-step:
- On your computer, go to palm.com/support
- Enter your Palm profile email address and password.
- Click Wipe Device to remotely reset your phone.
- Turn on your phone and sign into your existing Palm profile to restore backed-up data, applications, and online accounts (e.g. Google, MS Exchange).
Option 3: The webOS Doctor
This is a special recovery tool (software) to restore your Sprint Palm Pre to factory specifications, for example in more serious cases where your phone is unresponsive or frozen. Step-by-step:
- Download the latest webOS Doctor here
- Start the webOS Doctor; it will now guide you through the recovery process*
- When the Reset Complete screen appears, click "Done".
- Wait a few minutes for your phone to reset. You may now log into your Palm profile to restore backed-up information.
*It is recommended to charge your battery before attempting, use the official USB cable and do not disconnect during the procedure.
If you only want to soft reset your device (keep your data), you have the following options:
- Tap the "Restart" button in Device Info --> Phone Reset Options.
- Slide out the keyboard and hold the "Orange", "Sym", and "R" keys for several seconds to reboot the Palm Pre. This is similar to CTRL + ALT + DEL on a PC.
- Hold the power button and cycle the ringer button on/off several times.
- Remove the battery and wait 10 seconds before re-inserting and turn back on the device.